Choose Your Winter in Hastings!
Hastings is a great place to spend a winter weekend away. There are tons of BOLD NORTH outdoor activities and plenty of places to warm up afterward. Check out a list of winter Itinerary ideas below:
- Strap on those snowshoes! Hastings Golf Club has a new snowshoe and cross-country ski trek on their course. Equipment rental is available through the golf club. End your outdoor fun with drinks at their outdoor ice bar, appetizers by the fire, or a couple’s dinner in the Hastings Public House.
- Plan a day date downtown! Plan a couples day complete with shopping, dining, craft beers, and entertainment! And don’t forget to check out all 8 of our ice sculptures throughout the downtown shopping area.
- Discover the Frozen Falls! The Frozen Vermillion Falls is a perfect photo opportunity. And because of the recent cold weather, the Falls is a spectacular sight to witness and photograph. Park in the Vermillion Falls Parking area and enjoy a stroll on the trails, and end your trip with dinner at one of the many local restaurants that offer indoor, outdoor & take-out options. View a list of restaurants HERE.
- Stroll a fully lit Main Street! 2nd Street in Hastings Historic Downtown shines bright next to a fully lit Riverwalk along the Mississippi. Enjoy dinner at one of the many family-owned restaurants on 2nd Street, followed by a craft beer (or 2) at Spiral Brewery and an end of the evening stroll along the Hastings Riverwalk. (Access to the Riverwalk is at Levee Park, 20 Ramsey St.)
- Explore Tails at Carpenter Nature Center! Carpenter Nature Center has miles of trails to explore any day of the week. Please call ahead to make reservations on snowshoe availability.
- Heated Outdoor Patios and Igloos! Hastings has many options if you are interested in drinking or dining outdoors. Please call ahead for availability.
- Toast your loved one in a Yurt! Alexis Bailly Vineyard has set two yurt tents out in their vineyard that are available for rent. Enjoy local wine with the ones you love in a cozy tent outdoors. (reservations required) Beyond the two yurts, the winery also has snowshoes available for rent, fire pits you can sit around, and you can enjoy any number of wines, including the mulled wine (HIGHLY recommend). Make your reservation today and on your way out the door, grab a card game, some music, and head to the winery for a relaxing afternoon in a vineyard.
- Spend your weekend at TWO major Minnesota ski hills! Hastings is the midpoint between Afton Alps and Wech Village, two of Minnesota’s best ski resorts. Booking a hotel in Hastings means you’ll be able to experience both and warm up in the hotel pool after a day on the slopes.
- Warm-up at the Island! Treasure Island Resort & Casino is located just 15 minutes southeast of Hastings. Enjoy gambling, fine dining, bowling, and more at one of the largest hotels in MN!
Choosing to spend your weekend in Hastings has never been so easy!